CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for those technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology as opposed to managing cybersecurity policy and frameworks.
DIFFERENCE WITH OTHER COURSES
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners – not managers –
at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what
cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management; enterprise security operations and architecture; research and collaboration; and integration of enterprise security.
Successful candidates will have the knowledge required to:
• Conceptualise, engineers, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex enterprise environments to build resilient networks
• Apply critical thinking and judgment across a broad spectrum of security disciplines to propose and implement sustainable security solutions that map to organisational strategies
• Translate business needs into security requirements
• Analyse risk impact
• Supervise and respond as a team lead to security incidents
CURRENT VERSION (APRIL 2018)
CompTIA is updating CASP+ in 2018 to continue to address current risks and incident response scenarios inherent with cyber warfare,
modern hacking techniques and cloud migration. A sample of changes include:
• Enterprise Security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
• More emphasis on analysing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyber defence needs to meet business goals
• Expanding security control topics to include Mobile and small form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
• Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualisation technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
• Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
• Security Architect
• Security Engineer
• Application Security Engineer
• Technical Lead Analyst