What is it?
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioral analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats.
Why is it different?
- CompTIA CySA+ is the only intermediate high-stakes cybersecurity analyst certification exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing center with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to address security analytics, intrusion detection and response. High-stakes exams are proctored at a Pearson VUE testing center in a highly secure environment.
- CySA+ is the most up-to-date security analyst certification that covers advanced persistent threats in a post-2014 cybersecurity environment.
About the exam
As attackers have learned to evade traditional signature-based solutions, such as firewalls, an analytics-based approach within the IT security industry is increasingly important for most organizations. The behavioural analytics skills covered by CySA+ identify and combat malware, and advanced persistent threats (APTs), resulting in enhanced threat visibility across a broad attack surface. CompTIA CySA+ is for IT professionals looking to gain the following security analyst skills:
- Perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organization.
- Configure and use threat-detection tools.
- Secure and protect applications and systems within an organization.