This Exadata Database Machine: 12c Administration Workshop training introduces you to Oracle Exadata Database Machine, covering the features and capabilities of the Exadata Database Machine X6 product family. In this course, you will be introduced to Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Explore the various Exadata Database Machine features and configurations, with emphasis on the unique capabilities delivered by Exadata Storage Server. This course uses a virtualized environment for the hands-on component.
- Describe Exadata Storage Server and how it’s different from traditional database storage.
- List the key capabilities and features of Exadata Database Machine and Exadata Storage Server.
- Initially configure Exadata Database Machine and make appropriate up-front configuration decisions.
- Implement Exadata Storage Server security.
- Use query execution plans, statistics and wait events to examine Exadata Smart Scan.
- Describe various options and best-practice recommendations for consolidation on Exadata Database Machine.
- Describe various options for migrating to Database Machine and how to select the best approach.
- Perform various maintenance tasks on Exadata Database Machine.
- Configure Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c in conjunction with Exadata Database Machine.
- Monitor Exadata Database Machine using the monitoring infrastructure inherently within Exadata Database Machine, along with the monitoring capabilities exposed through Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
- Use other utilities for monitoring Exadata Database Machine which are supplied by Oracle.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service.
Benefits to You
Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of your Exadata Database Machines. Develop an understanding of implementing the best practices taught in the course.
Best-practice recommendations are highlighted throughout; and, where possible, the topics are reinforced through participation in structured hands-on lab exercises.
- Oracle Database 12c: Backup and Recovery Workshop Ed 2
- UNIX and Linux Essentials Ed 1
- Prior knowledge of Oracle Database 11g R2 or 12c RAC
- A working knowledge of Unix/Linux along with an understand of general networking, storage and system administration concepts.
- Prior knowledge and understanding of Oracle Database 11g Release 2 or 12c, including Oracle Clusterware and Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Database Administrator
- End Userr
- Systems Administrator
- Describe the key capabilities of Exadata Database Machine
- Identify the benefits of using Exadata Database Machine for different application classes
- Describe the architecture of Exadata Database Machine and its integration with Oracle Database, Clusterware and ASM
- Configure I/O Resource Management
- Complete the initial configuration of Exadata Database Machine
- Describe various recommended approaches for migrating to Exadata Database Machine
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle Database Exadata Cloud Service
- Monitor Exadata Database Machine health and optimize performance