The Open Group TOGAF 9 standard is the global industry standard Enterprise Architecture framework utilized by the world’s leading organizations to improve efficiency. TOGAF certification is the most widely-recognized certification in the Enterprise Architecture sphere, a distinct credential that makes a difference on any CV. Consider the following:
- According to Certification Magazine, TOGAF-certified architects earn 22% more than non-certified ones.
- According to LinkedIn research, 26% of Enterprise Architects are TOGAF-certified.
- According to The Open Group, 50 thousand professionals today are TOGAF-certified.
This course furnishes the participants with a variety of tools, building blocks and resources that facilitate the design and process of Enterprise Architecture across four domains: Business, Data, Application and Technology. It offers the means of uniting different methodologies in business planning, Enterprise Architecture and project management under one common framework.
Level: Enterprise Architecture Organisation Skills
Duration: 4 Days
Certification: The Open Group TOGAF 9 Foundation & Certified (Level 1 + 2).
Assessment: The examination is available at The Open Group Examination Provider’s test centers. The exam voucher (part of the course fee) will be provided after the course to take the exam at a test center.
Part 1 (based on the TOGAF 9 Foundation Study Guide, i.e. the basics) is a closed book exam of 40 multiple-choice questions in 60 minutes. The passing grade is 55%.
Part 2 (based on the TOGAF 9 Certified Study Guide, i.e. the application) is an open book exam of 8 scenario-based questions in 90 minutes. The passing grade is 60%.
The Open Group TOGAF® 9 course furnishes the participants with a practical and proven methods, building blocks and resources that facilitate the design and development of EA across four domains: Business, Data, Application and Technology. It offers the means of uniting different methodologies in business planning, Enterprise Architecture and project management under one common framework.
- To understand and apply TOGAF® Architecture Development Method (ADM) phases in the development of an Enterprise Architecture journey.
- To understand the importance of the role of IT Architecture Governance in the context of an Enterprise Architecture, and how that can help in tracking business metrics.
- To understand the Architecture Building Block (ABB) and how the Solution Building Block (SBB) can be implemented and mapped according to the ABB.
- To analyse the IT stakeholders and how to apply the appropriate Stakeholder Management Technique to ensure in getting the buy-in and support.
- To apply TOGAF® Technical Reference Model and customize it to meet an organisation’s needs.
- To adapt and incorporate IT Security and Cloud/SOA into the TOGAF® framework.
- To understand how to fit the technology/platform solutions into the TOGAF® framework.
- PMO / Transformation Office team
- Middle to senior management including CTO
- Board Members (Directors, VPs, Head of IT, CIO)
- Enterprise Architects (Business, Information, Infrastructure, Software & Solution)