This training is aim to prepare network engineers with essential knowledge to operate and maintain Huawei Campus Switches.
- Personnel who are going to take HCIA-Transmission exam
- Personnel who expect to learn about basic optical transmission principles and Huawei SDH equipment operation
Having a general knowledge of telecommunications
On completion of this program, the participants will be able to:
- Describe transmission network concepts.
- Understand main transmission network technologies.
- Understand Huawei transmission network solutions.
- Understand the application scenarios of SDH networks.
- Describe the SDH frame structure and the functions of each component.
- Be familiar with the procedure for multiplexing SDH signals.
- Describe the major overhead bytes and alarms of the SDH frame structure.
- Describe the pointers and functions of the SDH frame structure.
- Understand the composition of the logical functional modules of SDH devices.
- Understand the PCM technology and its solutions.
- Describe the positioning and application scenarios of Huawei OptiXtrans E9600/E6600 series and OptiXtrans DC908.
- Understand the appearance and cabinets of Huawei OptiXtrans E9600/E6600 series and OptiXtrans DC908.
- List the boards and functions of Huawei OptiXtrans E9600/E6600 series and OptiXtrans DC908.
- Understand the basic knowledge of NCE-T, such as product positioning, architecture, and deployment solutions.
- Describe the functions of NCE-T, such as network management and optical service provisioning.
- Describe the classification and basic concepts of Ethernet.
- Describe the working mechanisms of VLAN and Layer 2 switches.
- Explain the concatenation and encapsulation technologies of Ethernet.
- Describe the application scenarios of Ethernet services.
- Distinguish Ethernet service types.
- Describe Ethernet features.
- Understand the basic concepts, principles, transmission modes, and basic composition of WDM.
- Know the WDM transmission media.
- Have a good command of WDM technical principles and key technologies.
- List NG WDM site types.
- Describe the signal flows of different types of NG WDM sites.
- Describe the application scenarios of NG WDM sites.
- List the basic elements of NG WDM networking.
- Understand positions and functions of different overheads at each OTN layer.
- Understand basic functions of OTN electrical-layer overheads.
- Understand how OTN electrical-layer alarms are generated and learn how to use electrical-layer overheads to analyze and locate faults.
- Understand the basic concepts of transmission network protection.
- Understand device-level protection of the transmission network.
- Distinguish linear protection from ring protection supported by SDH products.
- Understand optical-layer protection supported by NG WDM products.
- Understand electrical-layer protection supported by NG WDM products.
- Understand PCM protection.
- Complete Equipment Commissioning
- Perform TDM Service Configuration
- Perform Ethernet Service Configuration
- Perform PCM Service Configuration
- Perform OTN Electrical-Layer Service Configuration
- Perform OptiXtrans DC908 Service Configuration
- Perform NG WDM Optical-Layer Protection Configuration