WHAT IS IT? WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
ICES Backup & DR helps enhances your knowledge on storage backup and disaster recovery. Unlike other vendor-specific certifications, ICES Backup & DR prepares you to support the storage regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specialising in a vendor solution.
ABOUT THE COURSE and ASSESSMENT
ICES Backup & DR validates the knowledge and skills needed to backup, and disaster recovery of your storage
found in companies around the world. Storage Backup and DR
certifies a professional-level understanding of storage at level 2 and basic level 3.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- Storage Field Technician
- Junior Storage Administrator
- IS Consultant
- Junior Storage Field Engineer
- Computer Technician to enhanced your storage skill
- Help Desk Technician to understand real world storage issue.
- System Engineer who need to understand how back up is configured.
- Junior Storage Support
- Fresh graduate to pursue career in storage / disaster recovery / data backup.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
ICES Backup & DR ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential storage backup and disaster recovery devices.
- Troubleshoot basic storage backup and DR problems.
WHAT’S IN THIS VERSION?
ICES Backup & DR has been updated and reorganized to address the current backup and disaster recovery technologies. The version has expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
- Server BMC
- Traditional RAID
- Remote OS installation
- FC and IP SAN
- Thin and Thick Provisioning
- Storage snapshot
AT COURSE COMPLEMENT
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the features of different storage protocols and products for NAS, FC and IP SAN.
- Understand the functions and features of Traditional RAID.
- Identify threats to storage security and appropriate countermeasures and controls.
- Understand Server BMC.
- Install and configure Remote OS.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot storage.
- Practical assessment by our experience trainer.