In this application development-centric course, students learn about Oracle SQL statement tuning and how to write well-tuned SQL statements appropriate for the Oracle database. Students learn to interpret execution plans and the different ways in which data can be accessed. Students are shown how to decipher, decide and then apply tuning to their SQL code. Various tuning techniques are demonstrated. For example, taking advantage of bind variables, trace files, and using the different types of indexes.
- Use Oracle tools to identify inefficient SQL statements.
- Use Automatic SQL Tuning.
- Use Real Time SQL monitoring.
- Write more efficient SQL statements.
- Monitor and trace high load SQL statements.
- Manage optimizer statistics on database objects.
- Understand the optimizer process steps and operators.
- Interpret execution plans.
- Perform application tracing.
Benefits to You
Benefit from gaining a deeper understanding of Oracle SQL statement tuning and how to write well-tuned SQL statements appropriate for the Oracle database in this application development-centric course. You will learn how to decipher, decide and then apply tuning to your SQL code. Various tuning techniques are demonstrated.
Required Prerequisite Courses:
Required Prerequisite Skills:
- Familiarity with database architecture
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL
- Modifying a SQL statement to perform at its best
- Identifying poorly performing SQL
- Tracing an application through its different levels of the application architecture
- Understanding how the Query Optimizer makes decisions about how to access data
- Defining how optimizer statistics affect the performance of SQL
- Listing the possible methods of accessing data, including different join methods