This Oracle GoldenGate 12c: Fundamentals for Oracle training focuses on Oracle-to-Oracle database replication. Expert Oracle University instructors will deep dive into the Oracle GoldenGate architecture, walking you through various product features.
- Install Oracle GoldenGate on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Issue GGSCI commands.
- Configure, start, stop and monitor Change Capture and Delivery processes.
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and logdump.
- Create parameter files to transform data.
- Manage multiple Oracle GoldenGate instances.
Benefits to You
Integrate your organization’s disparate data across heterogeneous databases for improved decision-making. Become more efficient at configuring and implementing Oracle GoldenGate.
Install GoldenGate Installation & Command Line
You’ll learn to install Oracle GoldenGate and prepare the source and target environments. Enrolling in this course teaches you how to use the Oracle GoldenGate command line interface (GGSCI) efficiently.
Learn GoldenGate Configuration Processes
You’ll also develop the knowledge and skills to configure Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat) and Initial Load. You’ll learn how to extract trails and files using Data Pump, create parameter files and manage Oracle GoldenGate instances.
Uni- and Bi-Directional Replication
Capture of both DML and DDL will be configured for both uni- and bi-directional replication with collision detection.
Explore New Features in 12c
Features new to 12c, such as Integrated Apply and Wallet, are highlighted along the way. This course is based on Oracle GoldenGate version 12.1.2. Please note that the labs are done in Linux.
- Database Administrator
- System Integrator
- Design replication solutions using Oracle GoldenGate products and environments
- Install Oracle GoldenGate and prepare the source and target database (assumes Oracle-to-Oracle replication)
- Issue GGSCI commands (batch Obey scripts and command-line interactive)
- Configure, start, stop, and monitor Change Capture (Extract), Change Delivery (Replicat), and Initial Load
- Manage Extract trails and files using Data Pump and utilities such as logdump
- Control network transmission using compression and encryption
- Transform data