Becoming an agile organization is a profound transformation that requires senior leaders, middle managers, and agile team members to change the way that they organize their work, manage that work, and measure the results of the work. Agile teams cannot do this on their own; they need help from the entire organization. The changes for all involved are profound, but so are the results when everyone’s goals and ways of working are aligned.
Professional Agile Leadership is a workshop organization for leaders, senior and middle management. The workshop provides a foundation for the role that leaders play in creating the conditions for a successful agile transformation. Leaders and managers are critical enablers in helping their organizations be successful, yet the role of leaders and managers in an agile organization can be quite different from what they are used to. This workshop will equip leaders and managers to help their organizations change by providing participants with:
- An overview of what “Agile Transformation” is, why organizations need it to survive and thrive in a changing world
- Practical skills for helping to guide and coach agile teams, and to help them remove impediments during agile transformation
- An understanding of how to measure the benefits and impacts of agility in your organization
- What takes to become a servant leader from traditional manager to manage change more effectively
- Change is hard and become harder without motivated people so how to motivate team during change
- An understanding of how culture and values influence your organization’s ability to reap the benefits of agility
- An understanding of how Agile addresses the root causes of business uncertainty and IT project failure and/or dissatisfied customers
- The ability to compare and contrast Agile practices with alternative business practices and discuss how Agile fosters a culture of innovation and enhances financial performance
- An understanding of how to help form and support agile teams using an empirical approach to product delivery
- An understanding of typical challenges that agile teams face and how to support them by removing impediments
This workshop uses a combination of instruction and team-based exercises to help participants learn how to form and support agile teams to achieve better results, and how to lead the cultural and behavioural changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile product delivery approach. Training will share how to lead the cultural and behavioural changes that organizations must make to reap the benefits of an agile organization.
Why to Attend this training?
Are you manager/leader who is accountable to build/lead successful agile team to deliver awesome product for your organization/customers? Let’s try to ask below questions to yourself and see where you stand today.
- Are you responsible for bringing/supporting change in your organization?
- Do you know how to support change and what behavioural change needed in you?
- Do you know how to measure maturity of your team to help them in improving delivery capability?
- Do you know what to authority to delegate and how to delegate decision making based on agile team maturity?
- Do you know what you should start doing that you have not been doing or stop doing what you have been doing?
- Do you know what actions to take in order to build a team of motivated individuals by helping them understand autonomy, mastery and purpose?
- Do you know how to help your team to align with organization vision and mission and how to define vision for change?
- Do you know to deal with self-organized team and when to intervene when things doesn’t go as per defined purpose?
This training focus on 5 core areas that helps in dealing with above challenges to lead agile transformation within company and action start with you.
- Purpose – to know what needed to manage better that you are managing
- Motivation – what motivate you to do what you are doing and how to motivate team
- Measure – Identifying opportunities and gaps in your current Agile adoption
- Change – how to change your actions to do better what you do to enable self-organizing
- Alignment – how to align yourself and team with organisation vision
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Agile Leadership Essentials course is designed for managers and those in leadership roles who are responsible for the introduction and establishment of Agile methods and techniques in an IT organization/division.
- You are a manager/leader, responsible for leading one/more Scrum teams, including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, People Manager, Line Manager, Engineering Manager, HR Manager, Operation Manager, PMO Lead, Process champion, Delivery Manager and Section Lead.
- You are a Senior Executive, acting as a sponsor for the Agile transformation and want to know how to develop the leadership for the Agile transformation
All participants completing the Professional Agile Leadership – Essentials course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Agile Leadership I (PAL I) certification assessment. PAL-E class participants who attempt the PAL I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost.