CompTIA PenTest+ is a certification for intermediate skills level cybersecurity professionals who are tasked with hands-on penetration testing to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network.
WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
- CompTIA PenTest+ is the only exam taken at a Pearson VUE testing centre with both hands-on, performance-based questions and multiple-choice, to ensure each candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and ability to perform tasks on systems.
- PenTest+ exam not only covers hands-on penetration testing and vulnerability assessment, but includes management skills used to plan, scope, and manage weaknesses, not just exploit them.
- PenTest+ is unique because our certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
- Penetration/Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst (II)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Network Security Operations
PenTest+ assesses the most up-to-date penetration testing, and vulnerability assessment and management skills necessary to determine the resiliency of the network against attacks. Successful candidates will also have the intermediate skills and best practices required to customise assessment frameworks to effectively collaborate on and report findings and communicate recommended strategies to improve the overall state of IT security.
CompTIA PenTest+ meets the ISO 17024 standard. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 1.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.