CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
- No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasises hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
- More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
- Focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
- The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
- Systems Administrator
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester
- Security Specialist
- Security Consultant
- Security Engineer
- Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
- Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
- Recent updates ensure the exam keeps pace with the evolving security landscape. Security+ is developed by leading IT experts and industry-wide survey feedback.
- Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.