CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills necessary to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
• No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasises hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
• More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
• Focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
• The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.
• Systems Administrator
• Network Administrator
• Security Administrator
• Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester
• Security Specialist
• Security Consultant
• Security Engineer
• Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs.
• Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
• Recent updates ensure the exam keeps pace with the evolving security landscape. Security+ is developed by leading IT experts and industry-wide survey feedback.
• Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
Version SY0-501 is designed to better reflect today’s best practices for risk management and risk mitigation. The updated exam covers a greater emphasis on a security professional’s practical and hands-on ability to both identify and address security threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
The new version has also been updated to reflect how cybersecurity jobs are becoming more specialised. As new skills (like security analytics) become more prevalent, skills covered in Security+ have become a baseline for all cybersecurity jobs. Because of this, the importance of and demand for Security+ has increased for a broader variety of job roles.