CompTIA Server+ ensures IT pros have the necessary skills to work in today’s data centres, server rooms or cloud environments.
WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
• CompTIA Server+ certified candidates can work in any environment because it is the only vendor-neutral certification covering the major server platforms. • CompTIA Server+ is the only industry certification that covers the latest server technologies including virtualization, software-defined networking, security and network-attached storage.
- Server Support Technician
- Server Administrator
- IT/Server Technician
- Storage Administrator
EXAM OBJECTIVES (DOMAINS)
CompTIA Server+ certification validates the skills necessary to be a server administrator. Successful candidates will have mastered the following concepts:
- Server Hardware Installation and Management
- Server Administration
- Security and Disaster Recovery
ABOUT THE EXAM
Candidates are encouraged to use this document to help prepare for the CompTIA Server+ (SK0-005) certification exam. With the end goal of proactively defending and continuously improving the security of an organization, Server+ will verify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to:
- Install, configure, and manage server hardware and server operating systems
- Implement proper server hardening and security controls
- Successfully troubleshoot common server problems
- Demonstrate an understanding of key disaster recovery, high-availability, and backup concepts
This is equivalent to two years of hands-on experience working in a server environment.