WHAT IS IT? WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
CompTIA Network+ is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks. Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares you to support the network regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specialising in a vendor solution. CompTIA Network+ is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks
ABOUT THE EXAM
CompTIA Network+ validates the knowledge and skills needed to troubleshoot, configure,
and manage wired and wireless networks found in companies around the world. Network+
certifies a professional-level understanding of emerging technologies including cloud and
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
• Network Field Technician
• Network Administrator
• IS Consultant
• Network Field Engineer
• Computer Technician
• Help Desk Technician
• System Engineer
• Network Support Specialist
• Network Analyst
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
• Design and implement functional networks.
• Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
• Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
• Identify the benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
• Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
• Troubleshoot network problems.
• Support the creation of virtualised networks.
AT COURSE COMPLEMENT
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Understand the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols.
- Identify threats to network security and appropriate countermeasures and controls.
- Install and configure network cabling and appliances.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks.