WHAT IS IT? WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
CompTIA Network+ is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks. Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares you to support the network regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specialising in a vendor solution. CompTIA Network+ is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks
ABOUT THE EXAM
CompTIA Network+ validates the knowledge and skills needed to troubleshoot, configure,
and manage wired and wireless networks found in companies around the world. Network+
certifies a professional-level understanding of emerging technologies including cloud and
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
• Network Field Technician
• Network Administrator
• IS Consultant
• Network Field Engineer
• Computer Technician
• Help Desk Technician
• System Engineer
• Network Support Specialist
• Network Analyst
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Network+ ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
• Design and implement functional networks.
• Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
• Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
• Identify the benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations.
• Implement network security, standards, and protocols.
• Troubleshoot network problems.
• Support the creation of virtualised networks.
WHAT’S IN THIS VERSION?
CompTIA Network+ N10-007 has been updated and reorganised to address the current networking technologies. The N10-007
the version has expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
• Critical security concepts to helping networking professionals work with security practitioners
• Key cloud computing best practices, including virtual switches, hypervisors, and virtual NICs, as well as typical service models
• Coverage of newer hardware and virtualisation techniques, including “white box switching” and Network Feature Virtualisation (NFV).
• Concepts, such as network virtualisation, disaster recovery, and device hardening to give individuals the combination of skills to keep the network resilient.
AT COURSE COMPLEMENT
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Understand the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols.
- Identify threats to network security and appropriate countermeasures and controls.
- Install and configure network cabling and appliances.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks.