WHAT IS IT? WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
ICIA Network is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks. Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, ICIA Network prepares you to support the network regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specialising in a vendor solution. ICIA Network is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks
ABOUT THE COURSE and ASSESSMENT
ICIA Network validates the knowledge and skills needed to setup, configure,
and manage wired and wireless networks found in companies around the world. Network
certifies a professional-level understanding of networking at level 2 and basic level 3.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
• Network Field Technician
• Junior Network Administrator
• IS Consultant
• Junior Network Field Engineer
• Computer Technician to enhanced your networking skill
• Help Desk Technician to understand real world networking issue.
• System Engineer who need to understand how networking being configured.
• Junior Network Support
• Fresh graduate to pursue career in networking / security / pentesting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
ICIA Network ensures an IT professional has the knowledge and skills to:
• Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices.
• Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks.
• Troubleshoot basic network problems.
WHAT’S IN THIS VERSION?
ICIA Network has been updated and reorganised to address the current networking technologies. The version has expanded coverage of several domains by adding:
- TCP/IP and Network Architecture – 2 hours 15 min
- – Intro to routers, switches, firewall – 15 min
- – IP Address Structure – classes, mask bits – 120 min
- – subnetting
- LANs – 4 hours 5 min
- – Setting up Switches (telnet/ssh/console/management/web access) – 15 min
- – MAC & ARP table – 10 min
- – Vlans, trunk/access ports – 60 min
- – STP/RSTP – 120 min
- – LLDP/CDP – 20 min
- – Port aggregation – 20 min
- Routing – 2 hours 15 min
- -Concept of routing (brief) – 15 min
- – Static routing – 90 min
- – default route, default gateway
- – configuring routers (telnet/ssh/console/management/web access) – 30 min
- WLANs – 1 hour 45 min
- – Introduction to RF technologies – 10 min
- – IEEE 802.11 Standards (802.11a/b/g/an/ac/ax) – 10 min
- – WiFi Scanning (channels,strength,etc) – 15 min
- – Setting up Access Controllers and APs – 60 min
- – Configuring SSID
- – Configuring WLAN security – secured WiFi (personal WPA)
- – sources of RF interference – 10 min
- Security – 180 min/3 hours
- – Access control policy
- – NAT (port forwarding)
- – VPN concepts
- Network troubleshooting – 2 hours
- – soft skills – 30 min
- – patience, resourcefulness, perseverance, interpersonal skills (communication)
- – approach to troubleshooting – 30 min
- – bottom-up approach (OSI 7 Layers)
- – Divide and Conquer (OSI 7 Layers)
- – Troubleshooting tools – 60 min
- – ping,tracert/traceroute,arp,nslookup,ipconfig,etc
- – ip scanner (tool)
AT COURSE COMPLEMENT
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Describe the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- Understand the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols.
- Identify threats to network security and appropriate countermeasures and controls.
- Install and configure network cabling and appliances.
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks.
- Practical assessment by our experience trainer.