For those of us that are working in the Networking and Data Management Field, the name Huawei and Cisco are not unfamiliar. They are the bigger players when it comes to Data and Networking Solutions and as such, they require their users and clients to adhere to a certain standard of competency which requires them to undergo training and certification in order to be able to fully understand and utilize their products.
Recently, there has been a lot of shifts and improvements to the hardware and software of these systems which has prompted some changes and updates to the syllabus for their classes. We will look at Huawei specifically today and we will be looking at the current path that you would have to take in order to be certified by Huawei.
The image above shows the Huawei Certification Path and it’s divided simply by 3 levels:
- HCIA – Huawei Certified ICT Associate
- HCIP – Huawei Certified ICT Professional
- HCIE – Huawei Certified ICT Expert
Each level represents the level of knowledge needed as well as highlighting the job scope and responsibilities that are usually synonymous with the level of certification. This means that you are free to take any of the three levels of certification based on the level of skill and knowledge that your role would require. However, it is recommended that before attempting the Higher Levels, you should complete the fundamentals first.
- ICT Infrastructure Certification will be comprising IP, IT, telecommunication, infrastructure and security.
- Platform and Service Certification will be focusing on providing a platform for application and services which includes cloud-related services, IoT, AI, Big Data, GaussDB as well as the high-performance computing product, Kunpeng.
- ICT Vertical Certification currently only has two which is finance and public safety.