Although architects are asked to create value for their employers, very few have ever been formally taught how to make that happen. They end up learning primarily through trial and error, creating risk for themselves and the employer.
Architects need to have the skills and knowledge to demonstrate both the value of architecture and technology the moment they begin work and continuously throughout the lifecycle of the program.
Business Technology Strategy (BTS) is designed to give you and your team all of the tools you need to lift architecture from a ‘documentation’ process to a true business capability. By the end of this module, participants will have the knowledge and ability to align knowledge and communication across primary business units, establish business models and views that cultivate technological value, automate and integrate key business processes and exceed business targets using technology strategy.
Duration: 4 Days
Certification: Certified Information Technology Architect – Associate level, by Iasa
Assessment: CITA-A certification consists of two exams: BTS and Specialisation. The Information Specialisation exam is made up of 100 multiple-choice questions to be proctored on the fourth day of this class. The passing grade is 70%.
Participants will be equipped with the skills to:
- Analyse business structures and segments.
- Identify key business drivers for executive sponsors.
- Identify internal and external business drivers.
- Map out the values of Architecture and Technology Strategy to the Business.
- Prioritise investments and create P&L statements for a project.
- Create the taxonomy of frameworks and methodologies for use at the maturity level of an organisation.
- Drive effective Knowledge Management and apply best practices in making enterprise strategic decisions.
- Create Stakeholder Communication Strategy, and to map and manage a successful Engagement Model for fostering strong and trusted relationships.
With the above skill sets, participants will realise the concepts and frameworks to:
- Align knowledge and communications across primary business units.
- Establish business models and views that cultivate technological values.
- Automate and integrate key business processes.
- Meet and exceed business targets using technology strategy.
Business Technology Strategy (BTS) is for all interested in delivering strategic technology values for the business, and in gaining a deeper understanding of the value in a business and technology relationship.
For IT professionals (IT Managers, Consultants, Planners etc.) who wish to break out of the silos of technical disciplines to impact their organization from a business strategy perspective, this is the course to do it with.
All Enterprise Architects (Software, Infrastructure, Business, Information, Solution).
Those in middle to senior management (CTO, Directors, VPs, board members etc.) should undergo BTS training to gain a clear understanding of the values of EA and what technology investment may bring to a business.