CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills that helps professionals decide if a career in IT is right for them. It also helps organisations prepare non-technical teams for digital transformation.
WHY IS IT DIFFERENT?
- CompTIA ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in middle school and high school.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
Who Would Benefit from ITF+
- Students considering a career in IT
- Students and career changers considering a career in IT
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organisations
ABOUT THE EXAM
The CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, application and software, software development, database fundamentals, and security. In addition, candidates will have the ability to demonstrate their knowledge to:
- Install software
- Establish basic network connectivity
- Identify/prevent basic security risks
- Explain troubleshooting theory and preventative maintenance of devices
This exam is intended for candidates who are advanced end-users and/or are considering a
a career in IT. The exam is also a good fit for individuals interested in pursuing professional-level certifications, such as A+.
CompTIA CERTIFICATION PATHWAY
CompTIA certifications align with the skillsets needed to build a career in IT. CompTIA ITF+ is the pre-career starting point to help students or career changers decide if a career in IT is right for them. ITF+ is a reasonably priced and more concise exam compared to other IT Certifications, which makes it valuable to obtain basic IT skills for the workplace. Other CompTIA certifications then give you the next step along the IT career path.